Police arrest four officers over alleged extortion in Ondo
The officers were seen in a viral video allegedly engaging in unprofessional conduct during a stop-and-search along the Lagos-Benin Expressway.
The officers were seen in a viral video allegedly engaging in unprofessional conduct during a stop-and-search along the Lagos-Benin Expressway.
The police said the suspects were arrested on Saturday following a painstaking intelligence-led operation by operatives of the command.
Two of the suspected kidnappers were killed during the exchange, while five others escaped into nearby bushes with suspected gunshot ...
The police said the minor's mother reported the incident to the police on 3 March after which the case was ...
Police spokesperson said the arrest followed a carefully coordinated, intelligence-led operation ordered by the State Commissioner of Police, Adebowale Lawal.
The suspect, Nasiru Idris, reportedly attended School of Health Technology, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, where he studied Community Health Extension Work ...
Policecsaid the suspect were arrested while in the process of killing a 10-year-old boy for a ritual..
The police said the fake army officer defrauded two women of N1.3 million.
On 11 August, Bello Azeez falsely claimed to be travelling to Ibadan, after which he began placing distress calls to ...
Last week, Samuel Omoniyi, a lecturer at Adekunle Ajasin University, was kidnapped but freed after a ransom was paid.
The police said the suspect, Femi Oladele, had been in and out of the hospital under close medical supervision.
No fewer than 46 persons were earlier arrested shortly after the incident.
"Though a combined team of police, soldiers and hunters arrived at the scene and promptly began combing the bushes, no ...
Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Odunlami-Omisanya, while responding to PREMIUM TIMES inquiries, confirmed the incident and said the ...
Mr. Ilesanmi confessed to have driven the corpse to the scene where it was found, claiming that he was afraid ...
Sources close the families said the kidnappers had earlier demanded N100 million.
The motorcyclist rammed into a stationary vehicle and died while avoiding the state governor’s convoy in Owo.
Members of the royal family from Odigbo Local Government Area, who were abducted on December 21, were released after six ...
The Force is currently recruiting personnel across the nation.
Passengers burn to death after a bus went up in flame following a collision with a lorry.
Suspected political thugs, who were armed and masked, reportedly disrupted the campaign.
Two suspects were arrested.
The victim is the son of an Akure-based journalist.
The police say the suspect’s strange movement and behaviour gave him away.
10 others were paraded for various crimes.
All content is Copyrighted © 2025 The Premium Times, Nigeria
All content is Copyrighted © 2025 The Premium Times, Nigeria