Monkeypox: WHO reports 14,000 global infections, five deaths in Africa
Mr Ghebreyesus noted that while infections are declining in some countries, “others are still seeing an increase and six countries ...
Mr Ghebreyesus noted that while infections are declining in some countries, “others are still seeing an increase and six countries ...
Mr Ghebreyesus also advised governments to implement contact tracing to help track the spread of the virus and to assist ...
WHO in its global epidemiological situation report on monkeypox, said since the beginning of May 2022, 3,040 cases have been ...
WHO had published guidelines on vaccination against Monkeypox and also published recommendations for governments regarding case detection and control of ...
He said as much as lasting solutions are required to end the wars wherever they may be happening, the only ...
WHO estimates that the vaccine could save the lives of an additional 40,000 to 80,000 African children each year.
“We have 185 days to finish the line of achieving 70 per cent by the start of July 2022, and ...
WHO says more people died from COVID-19 in 2021 than from HIV, malaria and tuberculosis combined, in 2020.
“Unfortunately…we are now in the early stages of a third wave,” the WHO said.
"Children are often engaged by parents or caregivers in e-waste recycling because their small hands are more dexterous than those ...
WHO says only 0.5 per cent of vaccines had reached low-income countries where frontline health workers and the elderly have ...
The World Health Organisation says three-quarters of all COVID-19 vaccinations were only in 10 countries
At the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, WHO had warned that smokers are at higher risk of developing severe disease ...
In recent years, there has been a global resurgence of measles, with ongoing outbreaks in all parts of the world.
The outbreak is the tenth of its kind reported in the country and has plagued the nation for almost two ...
WHO gave the warning in a statement reflecting on the “the Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020’’ ...
“We still have a long way to go in this pandemic,” WHO says.
Mr Ghebreyesus called on nations to invest in strengthening and implementing the many tools available.
The WHO boss said the UN health agency is reviewing the impact of the withdrawal of U.S. funding.
The announcement on Friday came just days before the country's largest-ever outbreak was expected to be declared over.
The tips were issued by WHO Director General, Tedros Ghebreyesus, on Thursday in a video clip.
In Italy, 683 people died from the virus on Wednesday, followed by Spain with 656 deaths.
The UN health agency said so far, there has been 633 confirmed COVID-19 cases in 33 African countries.
The virus which emerged from Wuhan, China, less than three months ago, has infected more than 132,000 people
With no more new confirmed Ebola case in the country, the world has begun a 42-day countdown to declaring the ...
All content is Copyrighted © 2025 The Premium Times, Nigeria
All content is Copyrighted © 2025 The Premium Times, Nigeria