Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been voted the CAF Footballer of the Year while Yaya Toure was named runners-up at the 2015 Glo-CAF Awards held Thursday night in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Gabonese forward, who is enjoying the best moments of his career in Europe, has been very potent in front of goal.
He is now the top scorer in the Bundesliga with 18 goals.
He also scored once as Gabon exited the Orange AFCON 2015 at the group stage.
Despite missing out on some of the categories where it managed to get nominations, there was still something to cheer for Nigeria as Golden Eaglets striker, Victor Osimhen, was voted Youth Player of the Year.
He becomes the second Nigerian to win the award after Kelechi Iheanacho last year.
On his part, Dream Team’s Oghenekaro Etebo won the Most Promising Talent Award.
Nigeria lost out in the National Team of the Year category where the Elephants of Cote d’ Ivorie was voted ahead of the Golden Eaglets.
The Cameroon national women’s team won the female category.
Coach Emmanuel Amuneke was also beaten to the Coach of the Year Award where French coach Herve Renard emerged tops.
There was another miss for Nigeria in the Women Player of the Year category where Ngozi Ebere was snubbed for Cameroonian Gaelle Enganamouit
Meanwhile, Charles Kumi Gyami (Ghana) and Samuel Mbappe Leppe (Cameroon) were named African Legends.
The Club of the year Award was snapped by Congolese side, TP Mazembe, while the Fair play award was given to Allez Casa of Senegal
Women Player of the Year
– Gabrielle Onguéné, Cameroon – Gaelle Enganamouit, Cameroon (Winner) – Ngozi Ebere, Nigeria – N’rehy Tia Ines, Cote d’Ivoire – Portia Boakye, Ghana
Youth Player of the Year
– Adama Traore, Mali – Kelechi Nwakali, Nigeria – Samuel Diarra, Mali – Victor Osimhen, Nigeria (Winner) – Yaw Yeboah, Ghana
Most Promising Talent
– Azubuike Okechukwu, Nigeria – Etebo Oghenekaro, Nigeria (Winner) – Djigui Diarra, Mali – Mahmoud Abdelmonem ‘kahraba’, Egypt – Zinedine Ferhat, Algeria
Coach of the Year
– Baye Ba, Mali, U17 – Emmanuel Amunike, Nigeria U17 – Fawzi Benzarti, Etoile Sportive de Sahel – Hervé Renard, Cote d’ivore (Winner) – Patrice Carteron, TP Mazembe
Referee of the Year
– Alioum Neant, Cameroon – Bakary Papa GASSAMA, Gambia – Eric Arnaud OTOGO CASTANE, Gabon – Ghead Zaglol GRISHA, Egypt – Janny SIKAZWE, Zambia
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...