FIFA President, Joseph Blatter, and UEFA President, Michel Platini, have lost their appeals against a 90-day provisional suspension from all football activities.
A FIFA statement said on Wednesday in Berlin that the Appeals Committee “rejected in full the appeals lodged by Blatter and Platini” and confirmed the provisional suspensions imposed last month by the world governing body’s ethics committee.
The bans on Mr. Blatter and Mr. Platini by the committee’s adjudicatory chamber followed a Swiss criminal investigation against Mr. Blatter launched on Sept. 25.
As part of the investigation, Platini was asked to provide information on two million dollars signed off by Mr. Blatter in 2011.
It said further that on Mr. Blatter, the adjudicatory chamber of the ethics committee is still proceeding with the case.
It said it might still confirm, revoke or amend the provisional decision.
The statement said both Mr. Blatter and Mr. Platini might appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration (CAS) in Lausanne.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...