I deserve more than N10 million monthly, Keshi tells NFF

Stephen Keshi has told the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, that he deserves more than the N10 million he is being offered to continue as the head coach of the Super Eagles.

Keshi’s spokesperson, Emma Addo, told journalists in Abuja on Wednesday that Keshi was worth more than N10 million monthly as he had already received a better offer from a club in Angola.

“Keshi is bigger than N10 million,” the spokesperson said. “He is not a 5 or 10 million Naira coach. A club in Angola is ready to offer him $120,000 (N18 million) a month.”

Keshi’s legal adviser, Francis Koza, was also present at the media briefing and held a copy of the contract proposed by the NFF to the coach.

“He can cut short his holiday. He is on alert to come but I can assure you he won’t be here on Friday until his contract I’m holding is agreed upon,” Koza said.

Indicating that Keshi wanted more than he was being offered by the NFF, the lawyer said Keshi would not sign the contract if the football federation does not agree to his terms.

“It has to be a give and take arrangement, we would not sign any contract that does not take care of his interest,” Keshi’s spokesperson added.

In another statement sent to the media by a man who said he is Keshi’s brother, he said, “I want to stress that he (Keshi) will not be intimidated or blackmailed into accepting the contract as proposed by the federation.

“The federation has always been aware of the September 6th qualifying match; this is no excuse to rush our client into signing a contract that he (has) serious objections about certain parts.

“Statements portraying or capable of portraying our client as unreasonable must be avoided.

“We hope both sides will be able to reach common grounds on the issues that our client has reservations about.”

The NFF had announced its decision to renew Keshi’s contract, which ended after the Brazil 2014 World Cup.
Keshi was being paid N5 million monthly alongside an official vehicle and house.

The federation said it expected the coach to sign the newly proposed contract this week so as to resume preparations for the African Nations Cup qualifiers which starts on September 6.


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: To place a text-based advert here. Call Willie - +2347088095401


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.