On September 25, 2013, Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, wrote a frantic and unusual memo to President Goodluck Jonathan. In the memo, Mr. Sanusi detailed how government-owned oil firm, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, systematically diverted the huge sum, being crude oil sales proceeds between January 2012 and July 2013.
The CBN governor said for all crude oil sales within the period, the NNPC paid only 24 percent proceeds into the federation account, and diverted or stole the remaining 76 percent-totalling N8 trillion.
PREMIUM TIMES exclusively obtained copies of the letter Sanusi Lamido Sanusi wrote President Jonathan. Download, read and make up your minds.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...