The office of the Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, caught fire on Monday evening.
“The fire incident was as a result of power surge which occurred in one of the air conditioners inside the office of the governor,” Adelani Bolarinwa, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, said in a statement.
He added that “not a single document, or equipment was destroyed and nobody was hurt.”
“We reiterate that every document in the governor’s office is intact.
“It is not a serious fire outbreak.”
Mr Bolarinwa said the fire mainly affected the office of the governor alone and that no other office is affected.
“It is regrettable that the electricity suppliers have been persistently unable to regulate the supply of power to meet the necessary standard.
“Many Nigerians have lost their properties to power surges and other electrical malfunctioning.
“We urge the electricity supplier to save this situation by conforming with the rules and regulations of electricity supply,” the spokesperson said.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...