Three male residents of Ilara/Ijoun Road located in Imeko-Afon Local Government Area of Ogun State have died after inhaling generator fume.
The spokesperson for the Ogun State Police Command, Muyiwa Adejobi, who confirmed the incident to PREMIUM TIMES, on Friday, gave the identities of the victims as Ope Leon(38),Loron Ope(40) and Sherif(32).
He said the deceased persons, all nationals of Ikpobe in neighbouring Benin Republic, had gone to bed on Thursday night, after leaving the generator running in their closed apartment.
Mr. Adejobi said at about 7.30am on Friday, a co-tenant, Bernard Ope, noticed that the trio were not awake. He said the tenant forced the door to the parlour open, where he discovered the occupants were all dead.
He said the families of the deceased declined conducting autopsies, and that the corpses were released to them for burial.
He said no foul play was suspected.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: Call Willie - +2348098788999