Update: How Ogun Governor’s residence was damaged by fire

Ibikunle Amosun

The fire was contained by men of the fire service, Governor Amosun’ elder brother said.

The private residence of the Ogun State Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, was damaged in a fire incident on Wednesday.

The house, located at Government Reservation Area, GRA, Ibara, was gutted at about 12.30 p.m.

The fire started at the kitchen section of the house, before the security officials attached to the house raised an alarm.

A witness, who spoke to PREMIUM TIMES, said he suspects that the fire was caused by an electrical spark. He said residents just suddenly saw smoke emanating from the house.

Mr. Amosun’s elder brother, Abisoye, told journalists that he cannot tell the cause of the fire. He, however, said that when the fire was sighted, the fire service was immediately contacted.

He said men of the fire service responded promptly and stopped the fire from consuming the entire building.

While Governor Amosun, after his election, relocated to government house; he occasionally visits and his family members still reside there.

Drama for journalists

Journalists who rushed to Mr. Amosun’s private residence got a shocker as members of the household seized their cameras saying they do not want the incident covered by the media.

The cameras were released to journalist after the pictures taken were deleted.

Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility

 

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Donate


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: New Discovery! Click Here To See A Miracle Device That Can Cure DIABETES, BLOOD PRESSURE, STROKE, ARTHRITIS, PAINS, OBESITY And 50 Other CHRONIC DISEASES Without Drugs Or Herbs.. Click Here Now To See It


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.