Couple, son die in Sokoto inferno — Official

Fire used to illustrate the story.
Fire used to illustrate the story.

Tragedy struck on Tuesday night in Sokoto when a couple and their one-year old son lost their lives in an inferno at the Gandu area, in the Sokoto-North Local Government Area of Sokoto State.

The Director-General of the State Fire Service Department, Ibrahim Dingyadi, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN)in Sokoto on Friday.

Mr. Dingyadi said: “The unfortunate incident actually resulted in the death of the couple and their son.

“The fire was said to have been caused by an electrical fault and the deceased husband’s attempt to save his wife and daughter proved futile.

“All three of them reportedly died as a result of smoke inhalation.”

Mr. Dingyadi lamented that the incident was aggravated by the inability of the Department’s fire engines to gain access to the scene of the fire, due to the blockage of the access road by some buildings.

NAN learnt that the three deceased persons had since been buried according to Islamic rites. (NAN)


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD:DIABETES Is CURABLE! Don't Let It Threaten You! To NORMALIZE Your Blood Sugar In 21Days For Life, Click Here!!!.


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.