The Kaduna State Government on Tuesday said Sunday’s attacks on Kigam, Ungwan Rimi, and Ungwan Magaji villages of Kauru Local Government Area would not derail peace-building efforts in the area.
A statement by Samuel Aruwan, spokesman to Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i described the attacks and killing of innocent persons as barbaric.
It added that the government had ordered the evacuation of all wounded persons for medication with immediate effect.
“These sad events and the terrible toll on lives, only reinforce the urgency of peace-building and enhancing security in the area.”
It said emergency relief for survivors has been ordered along with enhanced security, adding that the government would continue to work with security agencies to restore peace through dialogue.
“The government sympathizes with families that lost their loved ones and properties.
“The Governor prays for the repose of their souls and wishes those that sustained injuries speedy recovery.
“The Kaduna State Security Council has received preliminary reports of the attacks and ordered full scale investigation into the matter.
“It has taken further measures to curtail threats to peace in the area.”
The statement indicated that the State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA, had been directed to immediately provide relief materials to displaced persons in the communities.
“The people of Kaduna State are assured that the state government will continue to demonstrate practical political will to resolve conflicts and intensify its peace building process.”
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...