Fire guts popular ​Kano shop

Fire on Tuesday gutted the popular Maggi shop at Sabon Gari Market in Kano​,​ destroying parts of the one-storey building. A witness in Kano said the incident occurred around 11:30 a.m.

According to the witness and the Director of the State Fire Service, Balarabe Kabara, the fire was caused by a generator on the first floor of the building.

The witness said it was the quick intervention of the men of the fire service that prevented the fire from spreading to other parts of the market.

“No life was lost but one person, who was said to have jumped from the building sustained injuries,” the witness said.

Mr. Kabara said scraps from disused radio and television sets were destroyed by the inferno. (NAN).



Advertisement

PT Mag Campaign AD

All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Donate


TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...



BE THE FIRST TO KNOW! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application