Buhari Vanguard asks Jonathan to stop exploiting unemployed Nigerian youth

A group, Buhari Vanguard, has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to stop exploiting the unemployed Nigerian youth by allegedly forcing them to attend his campaign rallies.

The group, in a statement on Tuesday, said it had established beyond reasonable doubt that Mr. Jonathan had resorted to taking advantage of the unemployment status of myriads Nigerian youth rather than providing them with jobs.

It stated that last Saturday the president held a campaign rally at the Tafawa Belewa Square TBS, where supporters of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, gathered to endorse him, but regrettably the event was executed with unsuspecting and unemployed youth,

“It was with great surprise and amazement that we learned that the campaign rally was executed with unsuspecting and unemployed Nigerians who were being raised for training under the Federal Task Force, a program they claim is being organized by SURE-P and FERMA to create work for unemployed Nigerian Youths,” the group said in a statement by its chairman, Jasper Azuatalam.

“The youth under the training program were compelled to attend the PDP and President Jonathans campaign rally with the promise that they will be given jobs and that those who did not attend will not be given any job at the end of the training. Thousands of these youths were transported from their camp in Badagry area and Ojota, all in Lagos State Nigeria.

“Those who watched or attended the campaign rally can confirm that thousands of youths were seen putting on white top and black trousers while many others were seen putting on a black top on a black trousers.

Those in white top are the recent recruits under the Federal Task force while those in black top were recruited under FERCSARA.”

The group also said it had evidence that youth constituted over 60 per cent of the attendees at the rally and that they were tricked to attend the rally.

“We consider this activity as a total mockery and disrespect to the myriad of unemployed Nigeria youths,” it said.

The group also said since the death of some job seekers during the recruitment exercise conducted by the Nigerian Immigration Service, none of the youth that participated in the exercise had been given a job based on the exercise.

It said, “We condemn this attitude and we urge President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP to stop now.

“We shall continue to monitor the activities of the PDP-led government and defend the Nigerian youth from being exploited and compelled to supporting a political party and presidential candidate against their will.”


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: To place a text-based advert here. Call Willie - +2347088095401


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.