The VC of the school has appealed to the state governor to construct a new studio for the radio.
The Information Officer of the institution, Lydia Legbo, said in Minna that the station went into flames at 12 a.m.
She said that one of the students on duty noticed a spark from the electrical connection at the IBB Library complex.
She said that the student immediately raised alarm, adding that the university’s fire service officers rushed to the scene to put the fire off.
“The studio was completely destroyed but we are lucky that it was put off before spreading to other parts of the library complex.
“Nobody was, however, injured in the inferno but the station will remain off air until it is reconstructed and equipped,” Ms. Legbo added.
Meanwhile, the Vice Chancellor of the university, Musibau Akanbi, has urged Governor Babangida Aliyu to assist the institution by constructing a new studio for the radio.
He told the governor during a courtesy visit on Wednesday in Minna that investigation into the incident had already commenced.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...