Easter: DPOs, area commanders in FCT barred from travelling

Nigeria police logo

All Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) and Area Commanders in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) have been directed to remain at their duty posts throughout the Easter holidays to take charge of the security of their areas.

Jimoh Moshood, the FCT Command Public Relations Officer, disclosed this on Wednesday in an interview with the told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

He said that Michael Zuokumor, the Assistant Inspector General of Police in charge of the command, gave the order at a meeting with the DPOs and area commanders.

Mr. Moshood said that during the meeting, which was held to strategise for a crime-free Easter celebration, Mr. Zuokumor also directed the DPOs to provide adequate security at places of worship.

“They were also directed to liaise with Church leaders and make their phone numbers available to them to enable them to report any emergency.”

The police spokesman added that all personnel of the command, and patrol vehicles, including Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), have been mobilised to respond to any emergency situation.

He said that undercover agents and police personnel from the anti-bomb unit have also been deployed to comb strategic areas of the FCT.

Mr. Moshood warned mischief-makers to steer clear of the territory and advised the people to be vigilant and report any suspicious persons to the nearest police station or security agencies.

NAN learnt that officers and men of the command had been barred from travelling during the Easter celebration to ensure that there were enough men on ground to respond to any emergency.

Meanwhile, the FCT Sector Command of the FRSC has deployed more than 330 operatives and patrol vehicles to manage traffic in the territory during the Easter.

Sunday Ajayi, the sector’s Head of Operations told NAN that 250 of the men would be stationed at the Gwagwalada-Abaji exit route to address the peculiar traffic challenge being experienced on the route during festive periods.

Mr. Ajayi said that 80 of the operatives had been deployed to the Nyanya-Keffi route.

He urged motorists to comply with safety rules and standards to ensure free flow of traffic and accident-free celebration.

Mr. Ajayi warned that all infraction would be dealt with, as there were mobile courts to try offenders.

“We are putting up mobile courts and we will not spare anybody.

“Overloading, use of phone while driving and driving without seat belt will not be condoned,’’  he said.

 

 


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD:"Warning to Men, These 3 Foods is Slowly Killing Your Erection". Click Here to Know Them


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.