David Misal, the Police Public Relations Officer in the Taraba Command, who confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria on Monday, said law and order had been restored in the areas following the deployment of police and soldiers.
The police spokesperson said two persons were confirmed dead, while several others who sustained injuries were receiving treatment in hospitals in the area.
According to him, the police have made some arrests in connection with the crisis.
Meanwhile, a source in the area told NAN that those injured in the attacks were taken to Gembu, Serti and Jalingo for treatment, while some victims had fled to neighbouring Gashaka, Bali, Gembu and Cameroon Republic.
The source said the Mambilla militia and youth attack was an alleged transfer of aggression against Fulani, following arrest of a Mambilla man by security agents for alleged breach of peace.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...