Police confirm 15 killed in Rukubi, Nasarawa attack

Umaru Tanko Al Makura, Nasarawa State Governor

The police commissioner confirmed the casualty figure.

The Nasarawa State Police Command said on Thursday that 15 people were killed when gunmen attacked Agatu settlement in Rukubi Village in Ekye Development Area of Lafia.

The Commissioner of Police in Nasarawa, Umar Shehu, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lafia that the village was attacked on Tuesday and that no arrest had been made.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported the attack on Tuesday with residents saying hundreds of houses, cars and motorcycles were also burnt by the attackers. Some residents had said on Wednesday that the casualty figure was about two dozen.

Mr. Shehu said that investigation into the matter had commenced.

The cause of the attack was not yet known.

The Spokesman of Ekye Development Area, Mustapha Ayaga, said that the death toll in recurring attacks in the area had risen to 40.

Mr. Ayaga said that the attackers were dressed in uniforms and had sophisticated weapons, including AK-47 and explosives.

The Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Damshi Luka, has since visited the village to assess the incident.

(NAN)


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: To place a text-based advert here. Call Willie - +2347088095401


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.