PDP says Nigerians still believe in the party.
The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the party’s sweeping victory in last Saturday’s Kano State Assembly bye-elections as a sign that the people still strongly believe in the party despite the much talked about alliance by opposition parties.
The PDP had in a landslide victory in Gaya and Garko Local Government Areas of the state swept over 80 per cent of the total votes cast in the two constituencies respectively.
Savouring the victory, the PDP said it is a sign that the people still have confidence in the party and are not fooled by the alliance of the opposition
PDP National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, said in a statement in Abuja on Monday that the victory in the bye-elections is a clear indication that PDP is still the most popular party in Nigeria.
“The results of the bye-elections show that the PDP won over 80 per cent of the total votes in the two areas respectively leaving the other parties to collectively scramble for the remaining 20 per cent. It shows that the PDP is still the party to beat”, he said.
The party leadership also congratulated Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwakwanso, the PDP leadership in the State as well as the entire people of Kano State for the outcome of the elections. It urged the people to continue to show support for the PDP at all levels.
In Gaya, the PDP candidate scored 42,696 while candidates of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) scored 2,379 and 970 respectively. In Garko, PDP candidate scored 53,895 while ANPP scored 2,168 and CPC scored 1331.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...