The Defence Headquarters says 13 Boko Haram terrorists alongside six women and 17 children from Kodila village have surrendered to troops of 151 Task Force Battalion at Banki Junction in Bama Local Government Area of Borno.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday in Abuja.
Mr Enenche said the terrorists surrendered due to sustained aerial bombardment and aggressive intensive clearance operation by troops of Operation Lafiya Dole in the North East.
He said the suspects and their family members who surrendered on Saturday, had been receiving medical attention at a military medical facility.
According to him, the suspects are currently undergoing thorough profiling and investigation in line with global best practices in handling such cases.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain resolute, determined and committed to sustaining the tempo of the operations,” he said.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: Call Willie - +2348098788999