The Niger State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the death of seven people due to inhalation of generator fumes at Rijau town, in Rijau Local Government Area of the state.
Adamu Usman, the state Commissioner of Police told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Minna that one Mohammed Bello, the district Head of Rijau reported the incident at Rijau, Divisional police office.
Mr Usman said on Friday at about 08:15 a.m, Mr Bello reported the discovery of seven bodies inside Afrash Beauty Saloon located along Bawa Rijau road.
”Preliminary investigation revealed that the ladies slept with generator on inside the shop.
“We have successfully removed the seven corpses to General Hospital Tunga Magaji for autopsy, while the case is under investigation,” Mr Usman said.
The Commissioner of police advised residents to always adopt proactive measures while using generators to avoid unnecessary loss of lives and property. (NAN)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...