The Presidency has denied allegations that it substituted some names in the convention planning sub-committees of the All Progressives Congress (APC) recently released.
The Special Adviser to the President Media & Publicity, Femi Adesina, in a statement on Thursday said the president, Muhammadu Buhari, maintains a position of not interfering in party affairs.
The inauguration of 12 sub-committees comprising 240 members, by the Jigawa State governor, Abubakar Badaru, who heads the committee for the June 23 national convention, was followed by controversies as some protesters said their names which were initially published as members had been removed.
The members accused the Presidency of replacing about 50 names from the original list.
Some of the names removed from the list were also said to be those of members of the aggrieved New People Democratic Party (nPDP) which had earlier said it was sidelined from party activities.
APC headquarters’ staff members who said they were not carried along in the process also protested.
“Nothing in the allegation can be further from the truth in every material particular. For the umpteenth time, we wish to reiterate President Muhammadu Buhari’s position that he will not interfere in party affairs or matters before the law courts.
“It ought to have been obvious by now to discerning Nigerians that it is not in the nature of this President to go against the provisions of the country’s Constitution let alone his party’s constitutional provisions.
“It is, therefore, disingenuous to attribute every perceived infraction in activities of party or government appointees to the President’s desk,” the statement noted.