“The first thing that the tyrant seeks to do is to label you as a corrupt beast. After that he can kill you without any fear of reprisal.”
– Femi Fani-Kayode, PDP chieftain and former minister of aviation in Nigeria, on the SSS’s crackdown on some Nigerian judges for alleged corrupt practices (Source: Twitter)
“Public backing is a sine qua non for all successful anti-corruption wars. Only governments that consistently acted lawfully earned it.”
– Former minister of education and a leader of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, Oby Ezekwesili, on recent arrest of judges by the State Security Services (SSS) (Source: Premium Times)
“It’s been a while since I’ve seen some of them smile. Indeed, God has smiled on us today!”
– Chinwe Madubuike, a broadcaster and development specialist, on the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners’ reactions to the release of 21 Chibok girls by Boko Haram (Source: Twitter)
“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”
– President Muhammadu Buhari responding to his wife, Aisha’s allegation that Mr. Buhari’s administration has been hijacked by a cabal (Source: Premium Times)
“Strong men don’t need to put down women to make themselves feel powerful. People who are truly strong lift others up.”
– U.S First Lady, Michelle Obama, attacking the Republican candidate, Donald Trump, for his lewd remarks against women (Source: BBC)
“If a judge is corrupt, he is no longer a judge, he is a thief and therefore he should be treated as such, according to the law and sent to jail.”
– A retired Supreme Court judge, Justice Samson Uwaifo, on the recent arrest of judges by the State Security Services (Source: Channels TV)
“Never attack your wife for saying your mouth stinks. Others may say it smells nice, but she’s the one who visits it regularly.”
– Reno Omokri, a pastor and social commentator (Source: Twitter)
“Aso Villa should be converted into a spiritual museum, and abandoned.”
– Former presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, in an opinion article, says the seat of government in Nigeria was infested with powerful demons (Source: The Guardian)
“To be a homosexual is honourable, a gift from God.”
– Nigerian gay pastor, Jide Macaulay (Source: Linda Ikeji blog)
“So many Americans feel like this election is being rigged.”
– Mike Pence, running mate to the Republican candidate for U.S presidential election, Donald Trump, on the forthcoming American election (Source: The UK Guardian)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...