PREMIUM TIMES, TW Magazine, and Parenting Resources & Initiatives of Atlanta USA, on Friday facilitated a dialogue session on Parenting for Nation Building.
The session featured parents and speakers who wowed the audience with inspiring speeches on parenting.
The speakers included Nigeria’s former High Commissioner to the United Kingdom, Christopher Kolade and Amina Oyagbola, HR/Corporate Services Executive, MTN Nigeria, who spoke on the “Imperatives of Work-Life Balance”.
Nimi Akinkugbe, CEO of Best Man Games, spoke on “Money Value and Children”, while Ayodele Adeboye, Country Manager, Econet Wireless in Nigeria, spoke about “Parenting by Example”.
Bola Odetokun of Parenting Initiatives & Resources spoke on “Critical Life Values: Precursors in Nation Building and Living in the Diaspora”.
Here are some of finest lines at the event:
1. “You must be an example of the type of values you want your children to have.” — Christopher Kolade
2. “Are we working to live or are we living to work?” — Amina Oyagbola
3. “The best thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother. And the man has to be present to do that.” — Ayodele Adeboye
4. “I really cannot imagine how you can be a successful woman without a supportive spouse.” — Amina Oyagbola
5. “You cannot be a good parent if you are not a good person.” — Ayodele Adeboye
6. “I have seen children behave as if the world revolves around them. Let’s teach our children to be grateful for life.” — Bola Odetokun
7. “Our values influence our views, our decisions, and our behaviours.” — Nimi Akinkugbe
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...