The Senate resumed plenary Tuesday, after a six-week recess, with members passing a vote of confidence on Senate President Bukola Saraki.
Mr. Saraki was arraigned last week before the Code of Conduct Tribunal over a 13-count charge of false declaration of assets slammed on him by the Federal Government.
In a motion that came under matter of urgent importance, David Umaru (APC-Niger East), led 82 other senators to give Mr. Saraki a stamp of approval and asked that the leadership of the Senate should not be “intimidated and harassed”.
Initially, 84 Senators were listed as co-sponsors of the pro-Saraki endorsement motion.
However, Babajide Omoworare (APC-Osun East) distanced himself from the motion, wondering how his name got into the list.
Apart from Mr. Owowarare no other Senator protested his or her inclusion in the motion which was later passed.
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained the full list of the 83 Senators who co-sponsored the vote of confidence motion on Mr. Saraki.
Find the full list below.
1. David Umaru (APC – Niger East)
2. Ali Ndume (APC – Borno South)
3. Godswill Akpabio (PDP – Akwa Ibom West)
4. Biodun Olujimi (PDP – Ekiti South)
5. Malam A. Wakil (APC – Bauchi South)
6. Isah Misau (APC – Buachi Central)
7. Emmanuel Paulker (PDP – Bayelsa Central)
8. Ogola Foster (PDP – Bayelsa West)
9. Gershom Bassey (PDP – Cross River South)
10. James Manager (PDP –Delta South)
11. Ahmadu Abubakar (APC – Adamawa South)
12. Joshua Lidani (APC – Gombe South
13. Achoma Nneji (PDP – Imo North)
14. Shehu Sani (APC – Kaduna Central)
15. Salihu Egye (APC – Nasarawa South)
16. Mao Ohuabunwa (PDP – Abia North)
17. Mohammed Ohiare (APC – Kogi Central)
18. Phillip Gyunka (APC – Nasarawa North)
19. Abdullahi Adamu (APC – Nasarawa Central)
20. Samuel Anyanwu (PDP – Imo East)
21. George Sekibo (PDP – Rivers East)
22. Monsurat Sunmonu (APC – Oyo Central)
23. Jeremiah Useni (PDP – Plateau South)
24. Ogba Obinna (PDP – Ebonyi Central)
25. Aliyu Abdullahi (APC – Niger North)
26. Sunny Ogbuoji (PDP – Ebonyi South)
27. Gilbert Nnaji (PDP – Enugu East)
28. Bala Ibn Na’Allah (APC – Kebbi South)
29. Phillip Aduda (PDP – FCT)
30. Duro Faseyi (PDP – Ekiti North)
31. Kabiru Gaya (APC – Kano South)
32. Muhammed Aliero (APC – Kebbi Central)
33. Bukar Ibrahim (APC – Yobe East)
34. Abubakar Kyari (APC – Borno North)
35. Rose Oko (PDP – Cross River North)
36. Osinakachuckwu Ideozu (PDP – Rivers West)
37. Matthew Urhoghide (PDP– Edo South)
38. Fatimat Raji-Rasaki (PDP –Ekiti Central)
39. Tijani Kaura (APC – Zamfara North)
40. Sabo Mohammed (APC – Jigawa South West)
41. Danjuma La’ah (PDP – Kaduna South)
42. Mohammed Lafiaji (APC – Kwara North)
43. Dino Melaye (APC – Kogi West)
44. Abdulrahman Abubakar (APC – Kogi East)
45. Bassey Akpan (PDP Akwa Ibom North)
46. Olanrewaju Tejuoso (APC – 0gun Central)
47. Buruji Kashamu (PDP – Ogun East)
48. Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South)
49. Samuel Egwu (PDP – Ebonyi North)
50. David Mark (PDP – Benue South)
51. Aliyu Wammako (APC – Sokoto North)
52. Marafa Abba (APC –Taraba Central)
53. Mohammed Hassan (APC – Yobe South)
54. Utazi Chukwuka (PDP – Enugu North)
55. Francis Alimikhena (APC – Edo North)
56. Emmanuel Bwacha (APC – Taraba South)
57. Joshua Dariye (PDP – Plateau Central)
58. Uche Ekwunife (PDP – Anambra Central)
59. Murray-Bruce Ben (PDP – Bayelsa East)
60. Binta Garba (APC –Adamawa North)
61. Jang David (PDP – Plateau North)
62. Ighoyota Amuri (PDP Delta Central)
63. Ibrahim Gobir (APC – Sokoto East)
64. Mohammed Goje (APC – Gombe Central)
65. Ahmed Sani (APC – Zamfara West)
66. Ibrahim Abdullahi (APC – Taraba South)
67. Muhammad Shittu (APC – Jigawa North-East)
68. Andy Uba (PDP – Anambra South)
69. Nelson Effiong (PDP – Akwa Ibom South)
70. Rafiu Ibrahim (APC – Kwara South)
71. Abdul Nyako (APC – Adamawa Central)
72. Theordore Orji (PDP Abia Central)
73. Olaka Nwogu (PDP Rivers South-East)
74. Abdullahi Danladi (APC – Jigawa North-West)
75. Yele Omogunwa (APC – Ondo South)
76. Stella Oduah (PDP – Anambra North)
77. Hope Uzodinma (PDP – Imo West)
78. John Enoh (PDP – Delta Central)
79. Peter Nwaboshi (PDP – Delta North)
80. Clifford Odia (PDP – Edo Central )
81. Donald Alasoadura (APC – Ondo Central)
82. Mustapha Sani (APC – Niger South)
83. Gbolahan Dada (APC – Ogun West)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...