The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board on Wednesday said candidates are allowed to do the post-UTME in their first choice institutions.
JAMB’s Public Relations officer, Fabian Benjamin, said in a statement that candidates can do the post-UTME exercise in the institutions, particularly universities to which they were posted by JAMB.
“Following the various public opinions, we have taken two approaches to ease the problems of our candidates,” Mr. Benjamin said.
The universities will soon get the soft copies of the list of candidates that applied to various institutions as first choice.
“We hope this will help the candidates in their endeavour,” Mr. Benjamin said.
He said the voice of the people is the voice of God, adding that this action would go a long way to show that the Board is a responsive organisation which has concern over the feeling of Nigerians.
“The Board will not relent in its efforts to see that our education is one of the best in the world,” said Mr. Benjamin.
Controversial New Policy
Earlier on, at a combined policy meeting, JAMB announced the adoption of a policy where applicants are reassigned to other universities with lower number of candidates.
The JAMB Registrar, Dibu Ojerinde, explained that the benefit of the new policy would help needy universities with lower number of candidates.
Mr. Ojerinde said the policy would also assist JAMB candidates have better chances of admission in universities they are reassigned to.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...