The gunmen that kidnapped Dariye Dafweng, father of Joshua Dariye, in his Mushere village, Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau, on Saturday, have asked for $10 million (N2 billion) as ransom.
“We have just confirmed that the kidnappers dropped a letter in which they asked for N10 million dollars,” Dave Enetie, the Commander of the Special task Force maintaining security in Plateau, said in Jos on Sunday.
He said that the kidnappers also left telephone numbers to facilitate contacts with the family of their victim.
“We are trying to get a copy of the letter and the phone numbers to help our efforts to secure the release of Dariye’s father,” he said.
Mr. Enetie said that STF personnel had been dispatched to nooks and cranny of the state to locate the kidnappers, in addition to the efforts of search teams combing neighbouring states.
Dafweng Dariye was kidnapped by gunmen, who had invaded his family compound, shooting sporadically and scaring away people
The gunmen then took the old man, dressed him in women’s clothes, and sped off with him on a motorcycle.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...