Nigerian troops have fully reclaimed, and cleared Mubi of Boko Haram insurgents who had earlier taken over the town, the defence headquarters said Friday.
A statement by the Defence spokesperson, Chris Olukolade, said troops completed the operation to clear Mubi of terrorists on Thursday.
Mr. Olukolade said a mop-up operation was ongoing to capture any militant who may be lurking around after they had been dislodged during coordinated air and land military operations in the area.
He also said the operation to clear other parts of Nigeria of terrorist activities was continuing.
PREMIUM TIMES had exclusively reported how the military revved up its game against the extremist in Adamawa and Borno States retaking towns as Boko Haram fighters fled.
The report, by a PREMIUM TIMES’ reporter travelling in the area, provided a first-hand account of how the military, apparently better equipped and motivated, cleared towns after towns of insurgents and of explosive materials.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...