The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force in Bauchi state, Haruna Mohammed, has confirmed that 13 people died in Sunday’s bomb attack at Jagwal Mobile phone market in Azare town.
In an email sent to reporters, Mr. Mohammed also said 65 persons were injured, out of which 43 were treated and discharged at the Federal Medical Centre, Azare.
He said the explosion occurred at about 5:20p.m. on Sunday.
He also said the scene of the blast was cordoned off by Police explosive ordinance disposal unit.
“So far, 13 persons were confirmed dead while 65 others sustained various degrees of injuries out of which 43 have been treated and discharged and 22 others are responding to treatment,” he said.
Mr. Mohammed also said one person identified as one of the insurgents was lynched to death by mob action.
“However, normalcy has been restored by combined security forces and patrols are being intensified within and outside the town. Investigation is in progress,” he said.