Shops belonging to some clothe sellers in Lagos Island have been razed by fire, witnesses have said.
The incident occurred around Broad Street, behind UBA House, Lagos Island, Tuesday morning.
Traders told PREMIUM TIMES the fire started from a nearby electricity transformer, and spread into shops.
Traders at the scene were seen wailing and counting their losses, as passersby commiserated with them.
The fire reportedly started at around 2a.m. midnight.
“This is really tragic,” one trader told PREMIUM TIMES, declining to speak further.