The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said that 26 of the 39 victims of the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts were still receiving treatment in hospitals across the Federal Capital Territory.
Ishaya Chonoko, Coordinator of NEMA, Abuja operations, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Monday that the remaining 13 persons had been treated and discharged.
Mr. Chonoko said there were no fresh cases of injury or death from the Friday blasts.
Twenty 20 persons were injured in Kuje and 19 in the Nyanya and Kuje bomb blasts, respectively, on Oct. 2.
Mr. Chonoko said the agency had no report on any hospital that had refused to treat the victims, contrary to some media reports.
He said that the names of such hospitals should be forwarded to the agency for appropriate action.
“We have not had such cases and any one with facts should come forward and the agency will take appropriate action,” he said.
Fifteen and five persons lost their lives in the Kuje and Nyanya bomb blasts, respectively.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...