The new government of Muhammadu Buhari has started receiving money stolen by the cabinet members of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
This was disclosed by the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in an interview with the journalists on Monday.
He said it was true that they have recovered some money from many people who agreed to do so in the interest of Nigeria.
Mr. El-Rufai, who refused to disclose the identity of those returning the money and how much was so far returned, said the action was a welcome development.
He said it was not good for the government that has good intention to expose those who wish to be Good Samaritans and patriotic through their actions.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...