Four persons were killed and six others injured when Boko Haram raided Tunkushe village in Konduga local government area of Borno state on Friday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that a male suicide bomber also detonated an Improvised Explossive Device(IED), among group of residents sleeping in an open place in the area.
Bukar Dalorima, a resident in the area who confirmed the attack, told NAN in an interview that the bomb blast was followed by indiscriminate shooting from the insurgents.
Mr Dalorima said that many residents were killed or injured.
Edet Okon, the police public relations officer of Borno command, who confirmed the attack, said at about 1 a.m., gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists attacked Tunkushe village in Konduga.
Four persons were killed in the attack.
Mr Okon said the command had deployed more personnel to strengthen security while normalcy had been restored within the area.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...