Gombe Blast: Only suicide bomber died — Police

A suicide bomber who detonated an explosive in Gombe on Tuesday, was the only casualty in the attack, the police have said.

The blast occurred around the Kasuwan mata area of Gombe metropolis Tuesday evening.
Witnesses had said at least three people, including the bomber, were killed in the attack. They also suggested the attack was carried out by a girl.

But speaking to PREMIUM TIMES, the Gombe police spokesperson, Fwaje Atajiri, said the bomber rode a motorcycle-laden with Improvised Explosive Devices, and was targeting worshippers observing the sunset prayer at a Mosque in the area.

“He died from the blast and his efforts were frustrated by the adequate security arrangements put in place to secure the state,” Mr. Atajiri said.

The Police spokesperson also said security personnel who arrived the venue of the blast were attacked by hoodlums who threw stones at them.

“They were trying to stop officers from cordoning off the area and some of them began to break into peoples’ shops to steal, we had to use minimum force to disperse them,” he said.

The attack followed a series of bombings in Gombe State, carried out by suspected Boko Haram militants.


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: Revealed!!! The Only Way Left of Getting an Extra Large Manhood and also Last Up to 38Mins+. Get the Insider Secret Here


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


  • Aladura

    JONATHAN SEES NO EVIL, HEARS NO EVIL

    “With the world’s gaze focused on Paris last week, militants from Boko
    Haram destroyed the town of Baga and several neighboring villages in
    northern Nigeria, killing up to 2,000 people and displacing thousands more.

    On Saturday, at least another 16 people were killed when extremists strapped
    a bomb to a girl who may have been as young as 10 and then detonated it
    in a crowded marketplace.

    You’d expect Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to condemn the
    carnage inside his country, particularly after he called last week’s
    massacre at a French satirical newspaper a “dastardly terrorist attack.”
    But you’d be wrong: Jonathan has yet to acknowledge that any of the
    Boko Haram attacks even took place.”

    ……………….Siobhán O’Grady
    [January 14, 2015]

  • Shuaibu Bola Victor

    In the same vein, the APC presidential candidate,a former military dictator, General Muhammed Buhari during his 1983/84/85 junta
    cannot boast of any investment in agriculture. Today, with the unique
    intervention by President Jonathan, Nigeria’s food import has declined by $5.3
    billion between 2013 and 2014 even with our increasing population. Our nation
    now ranks as one of the biggest food producers in Africa with our food
    production expanding by an additional 21 million metric tonnes, between
    2011 and 2014, a record exceeding the nation’s set target of 20 million metric
    tonnes set for 2015.
    GEJ I do, GEJ man of the people, GEJ we will vote