The Police authorities on Monday in Abuja confirmed the arrest of Abdulsalam Salihu, who was wandering in front of the Force Headquarters building, popularly known as “Louis Edet House”.
Frank Mba, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, however, said that nothing incriminating was found on the suspect to suggest that he is a suicide bomber.
There had been speculations around the Federal Capital Territory that the detained man is a suicide bomber.
“When we searched him, no explosive was found on him but there were pieces of broken bottle, bottled water, five Automated Teller Machine cards and a vehicle number plate in the bag he was carrying.
“We have commenced investigations into the arrest but so far, there is nothing to suggest that he (suspect) is a suicide bomber,” Mr. Mba said.
He said that the suspect has been taken into custody and that investigations would establish his mission to the Louis Edet house.
Mr. Mba has also urged Nigerians to go about their businesses without fear. He assured them that the police has enough personnel to guarantee their security.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...