ANPP rejects guber election results before announcement

ANPP chairman, Ogbonnaya Onu

Even as the results of the Saturday governorship election are still being collated with the PDP leading in the 17 local governments so far collated, the opposition All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, has rejected whatever would come out as final result.

This party made its position known at a hurriedly convened press conference held at the residence of a former governor of the state, Attahiru Bafarawa.

According to the ANPP governorship candidate, Yusha’u Ahmed, who addressed Journalists, aside from intimidation and harassment of electorates by armed youths, the electoral process was marred with irregularities in many polling units.

“Election is not an event but a process. If the process is faulty, the election would be faulty,” he said adding, “Our people have been intimidated and harassed by armed youth in connivance with security agencies.”

He alleged that an ANPP supporter was killed at Gudu in Gudu local government of the state, many being treated in some hospitals and a Gidan Kaya village was completely set ablaze by PDP thugs.

“There were dane gun shots at Gudu where our supporter was killed and many are receiving treatment at some hospitals. Our agents posted to Illela and Gada were returned by the Police,” Yusha’u stated, adding, “None of our agents participated in these areas. How could the election be free and fair when our agents were denied their duties?”

“On the whole, we reject whatever result that will be announced by INEC and ask INEC to organise a free and fair election under the supervision of neutral body. Even if we would win, we still reject the result,” he continued.

In separate reactions, Commissioner of Police, Baba Bolanta and PDP State Chairman, Waziri Bodinga, said that the allegations were false and baseless.  

“These are baseless and false allegations. We have been fair to all parties,” Bolanta said.

“They are lies. It is ranting of an imminent loser. Don’t mind them,” Bodinga said.

Also reacting, INEC spokesperson in the state, Musa Muhammad said, “INEC refutes the allegation. We have not received reports about their allegations and we cannot make further comments because collation is ongoing.”


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD:"Warning to Men, These 3 Foods is Slowly Killing Your Erection". Click Here to Know Them


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.