The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) says seven bodies have so far been recovered from the scene of the explosion on Wednesday, in Kaduna.
A statement by the Head, Press and Public Relations of NEMA, Yusha’u Shuaibu, said among the dead, was a three-year- old child whose body had since been taken by the family for burial.
“Many of the injured victims are receiving attention in hospitals,” Shuaib said.
Rescue efforts were still on at the scene where all stakeholders in emergencies were on ground,” he said.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: Why women cheat: what every Nigerian man should know