This story is being reprinted with permission from NEXT which remains its appropriate copyright owner.
– Why enter into discreet oil blocks operatorship contract with selected companies without regard for open and competitive bids, as mandated by the Public Procurement Act 2007?
– Why approve companies with questionable antecedents to become discrete beneficiaries of oil blocs?
– Why the rush to approve oil bloc deals days before President Jonathan’s inauguration and the dissolution of the Federal Executive Council?
– Why were companies which have interests in each other- Seven Energy and Atlantic Energy – favoured to manage oil blocks OMLs 4, 30, 34, 38 and 41?
– Why did you have to violate industry guidelines and the Procurement law to favour these companies?
– How many companies did you approve Strategic Alliance Agreements with NPDC to develop OPLs and OMLs?
– How do these agreements which are selective with no known criteria support transparency, accountability and national interest when it is not all-inclusive?
– Why did you fly to Houston in a jet provided by Seven Energy, a company offering service to an agency you supervised?
– With all these disclosures about the way you ran the petroleum ministry, do you think you deserve to be reappointed to President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet?
Editor’s Note: This story, which was part of the famous Diezani series, was first published on April 10, 2011, in 234next.com. It is being republished for record purpose only, especially because the 234NEXT website is down. More articles in the series will run here in the days ahead.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...