#BringBackOurGirls: Campaigners to hold conferences around the world

 Wednesday marks the 100th day of the girls stay in captivity.

——————————-

The #BringBackOurGirls protesters on Tuesday said they would hold conferences in various countries across the globe to mark the 100th day of the abduction of the over 200 girls in Nigeria.

According to a statement released by the group, the conferences aim to show that Nigerians would not be silenced in their efforts to ensure that the Nigerian government lived up to its responsibility to the citizens.

“The continued pattern of intolerance to the activities of the Bring Back Our Girls Campaign is at variance with our effort to promote healthy civic engagement by citizens to strengthen the resolve of government to rescue the girls. As we denounce the wave of terror and insecurity across the country, we continue to demand that the Federal Government deploy its resources to ensure that the missing girls are brought home, and the errors leading from three-weeks of delayed action are remedied,” the statement said.

The sessions will hold on Wednesday in Ibadan – Press Conference at the BRECAN Centre at 10 am; Abuja – Special sit-out ceremony at the Unity Fountain at 3 pm; Lagos – Remembrance service at the Wall of Missing Girls at Falomo Roundabout at 4pm; and New York – Candlelight vigil at the Nigerian Consulate at 5.30pm.

There will also be events in India, Pakistan, the UK and most world capitals where there are teachers’ organisations in partnership with the UN Special Envoy’s Office of Gordon Brown.

Other organisations participating are: World at School, Girls not Brides, Global March Against Child Labour, Walk Free, and Educational International.

The Chibok schoolgirls were abducted on April 14 from their hostels in Government Secondary School, Chibok in Borno State by the Boko Haram terrorists.

However, 57 of the schoolgirls have been able to escape from their abductors while 219 of them remain in captivity.

The girls’ abduction gained international attention through the help of the #BringBackOurGirls campaigners convened by a former Nigerian minister of Education, Obiageli Ezekwesili and other activists in Nigeria.


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: Revealed!!! The Only Way Left of Getting an Extra Large Manhood and also Last Up to 38Mins+. Get the Insider Secret Here


TEXT AD: This NAFDAC APPROVED Solution Will Make You Stay Longer Than 40Mins In Bed Tonight And Help Your Erection. Click Here To Read The Free Reports


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


  • redeem

    were is Oby——that smelly thing–

    • redeem

      —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–At least five Pakistani girls were wounded in two separate acid attacks by motorcycle riders in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, police said Tuesday.

      In the latest incident, two unidentified assailants on a motorcycle squirted acid on two girls, aged 14 and 15 in the town of Mastung, some 40 kilometres east of Quetta, the provincial capital of Baluchistan.

      “One girl’s face was wounded and the other’s neck got acid burns,” local police official Wazir Lango told AFP.

      The girls were returning from the local market when the attack occurred on Tuesday, Lango said, adding that doctors have not yet specified how severe the wounds were.

      Lango said that the girls were admitted to hospital, while the police had begun to investigate, but so far the motive behind the attack was unclear.

      Separately, two other unknown assailants riding a motorbike threw acid on three girls in their twenties in Quetta on Monday when they were also returning from a market, the city’s police chief Abdul Razzaq Cheema told AFP.

      He said that girls had suffered three to 11 percent burns on their faces.-

  • redeem

    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–At least five Pakistani girls were wounded in two separate acid attacks by motorcycle riders in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, police said Tuesday.

    In the latest incident, two unidentified assailants on a motorcycle squirted acid on two girls, aged 14 and 15 in the town of Mastung, some 40 kilometres east of Quetta, the provincial capital of Baluchistan.

    “One girl’s face was wounded and the other’s neck got acid burns,” local police official Wazir Lango told AFP.

    The girls were returning from the local market when the attack occurred on Tuesday, Lango said, adding that doctors have not yet specified how severe the wounds were.

    Lango said that the girls were admitted to hospital, while the police had begun to investigate, but so far the motive behind the attack was unclear.

    Separately, two other unknown assailants riding a motorbike threw acid on three girls in their twenties in Quetta on Monday when they were also returning from a market, the city’s police chief Abdul Razzaq Cheema told AFP. Where is Obj in Pakistan mumu–sell yr country cheap oputside-all because the fulanis yearn for power

    He said that girls had suffered three to 11 percent burns on their faces.-

  • Joe

    Why can you go to maiduguri an hold a press conference there please?. Madam oby should lead the team.

    • redeem

      oer at the chibok school–cause the idea behind it is for APC to use–bringbackthegirls campaign it destabilize Nigeria for the fulanis up north

  • Poky

    I am deeply Surprised that people are outraged about the kidnap of the girls. This is hypocrisy. I think the only diffenrece is the number involved and that the Bringbackourgirls-campaign did not allow this one to be pushed under the rug as usual. The sad thing is that more that 200 girls and women have been taken after the Chibok girls without anybody talking about them. This has been happening since the 80s if not since the 70s.U could send ur underaged daughter for an erand and she will get missing, later the Village-head (Sariki) or the imam will just inform u that ur daughter has been married off after converting to islam. U will know where ur daughter is, but cannot enter there, or be killed. Neither the police nor the law courts help those involved. Marriage and conversion to islam by force is not new in the north. .