The Air Force asks the public to be security conscious.
The Nigerian Air Force has rolled out security tips to the public and Air Force schools on detection and actions to be taken in case of suspicious objects or Improvised Explosive Devices, IEDs.
The out-going Director of Air Force Information and Public Relations, Yusuf Anas, an Air Commodore, told journalists that a pamphlet released would guide the public on how to be security conscious.
On what to do when suspicious objects/improvised explosive devices are sighted, the pamphlet advised:
– Remain calm; move away from suspicious objects; be wary of crowd, unattended vehicles and damaged building; do not attempt moving/touching any suspicious object from its position;
– Report such immediately by any fastest means possible by calling 112 Emergency Line, nearest police station or contact any security officer.’’
During bomb explosions, the pamphlet advised on the following:
– Avoid panic; crawl under a study table or a solid object if things are falling and remain there for a least one minute;
– Stay away from glass or fixtures like windows, mirrors, cabinets and electrical equipment;
– Follow the orders of police or safety personnel; evacuate the building as soon as possible; do not forget handicap people who may need help;
– Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious danger; do not go near gas lines, fire hazards or kitchen; do not use elevators, lay flat on the ground and keep your mouth open and breathe at small intervals;
– After Explosion, evacuate the building as quickly possible; do not stop to retrieve personal possessions or make phone calls; Bystanders must avoid rushing to the scene of the blast to avoid secondary explosion;
– Open door carefully; watch for falling objects or debris; avoid using telephones, mobile phones and hand radios; electrical sparks or signals could trigger other bombs,” the document said.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...