Mr. Tinubu accused the minister and PDP of stealing from the defence budget.
A leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has asked the Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, to explain to Nigerians why the over 200 girls kidnapped in Chibok are yet to be rescued.
Mr. Tinubu, who had earlier accused the Lagos-born minister of spending time away from his ministerial duties, also said Mr. Obanikoro should stop using Boko Haram as a tool of blackmail against the opposition.
In a press statement signed by Mr. Tinubu’s media aide, Sunday Dare, the former Lagos State governor said, “Obanikoro (aka Onikoro) and this shameless Peoples Democratic Party. PDP government should explain why the Boko Haram insurgency continues unabated despite billions that is being voted for security. The defence budget to fight Boko Haram and Terrorism has become a conduit pipe for the ruling party PDP just as the likes of Obanikoro continue to use Boko Haram as a tool of blackmail against the opposition. This time, just like it failed in the past, it will not stick. It will not stand.”
Mr. Tinubu also described the allegation that he and his friends in the opposition created Boko Haram as “fallacious and untenable.”
“This allegation is both unreasonable and unsustainable, but not surprising coming from the person it came from. Bola Tinubu and the APC have been on record repeatedly condemning killings and bombings by Boko Haram and proffering solutions to the menace,” Mr Tinubu said.