The interaction covered issues within the terms of reference of the fact-finding committee.
The Presidential Committee on the abduction of Chibok schoolgirls on Monday interacted with officials of some countries that pledged assistance towards the search and rescue of the girls.
This is contained in a statement issued in Abuja by the spokesperson of the committee, Kingsley Osadolor.
Mr. Osadalor said that the interaction, which lasted for hours, took place in Abuja and covered issues within the terms of reference of the fact-finding committee.
He said the Chairman of the committee, Ibrahim Sabo, thanked the officials and their governments for obliging to back the Federal Government in its bid to free the abducted schoolgirls.
He also said Mr. Sabo acknowledged the global response to the abduction as a reflection of common humanity.
Mr. Sabo said the officials expressed their enthusiasm in joining the search for, and freedom for the schoolgirls.
He said that the representatives of Borno State Government, who were absent at the committee’s inauguration last week by President Goodluck Jonathan, attended the session.
Mr. Osadolor also disclosed that the committee would hold further interactions with defence and security agencies.
He said that the meeting was to ascertain the veracity of speculations that had been making the rounds since the abduction.
Over 250 girls were abducted on April 14 from their school dormitories in Chibok, Borno. World-wide condemnations and pressure on the Nigerian government to do more to rescue the officials led to the government accepting help from foreign countries including the U.S., U.K., France and China.