Mr. Metuh said the fire was caused by some electrical faults at about 8:15 p.m.
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said the fire accident which occurred at its National Headquarters is minor and did not cause much damage to the building.
A statement by its spokesperson, Olisa Metuh, said the fire only affected some parts of the Press Center situated within the premises of the secretariat in Abuja.
Mr. Metuh said “the fire, which was caused by some electrical faults at about 8:15 p.m. was promptly put off by men of the Federal Fire Service”.
He also said the PDP rules out any form of sabotage or attack and “hereby wishes to inform all our members and teaming supporters that the matter has since been put under control.”
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...