18 reported killed as Boko Haram attacks Maiduguri satellite villages

Boko Haram insurgents

Villagers narrated how the attack occurred.

Some villagers in farming communities around Maiduguri said they buried 18 of their neighbours on Wednesday after gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko Haram attacked their communities.

Many other people were injured and several houses were burnt in the attack.

A resident of Njaba Village, Wadai Mutah, who came to the hospital to attend to five of his relatives that sustained bullet wounds in the attack, narrated how the attack occurred.

“Our village was attacked by Boko Haram members on Tuesday and they killed 10 people and set the whole village on fire before leaving,” he said.

Mr. Mutah also said a neigbouring village was attacked the next day.

“At the neighbouring Kaya Village, which was attacked on Wednesday, eight people were killed when the Boko Haram attacked, shooting our people and burning their houses.

“Mude and Kwaljiri villages were also attacked and totally destroyed on the same day but the villagers escaped unhurt and ran to Njaba as they did not know that we had been attacked the day before,” he said.

One of the survivors of the Njaba attack at the State Specialists’ Hospital, Pogu Wovi, narrated how he survived the attack.

“It was after the late evening meals and we were sitting outside when we heard gunshots from various directions,” Mr. Wovi told PREMIUM TIMES in Hausa. “There was confusion, with women and children crying for help. I hurt my leg while trying to escape in the dark night but I had to drag myself to the bush and remained there till morning”.

Mr. Wovi, who said he is about 45-years-old, said soldiers arrived much later after the attackers had left to give first aid treatment to injured victims in the attacked villages.

“It was when we were receiving first aid treatment that I was told that 10 people had been killed in the attack. On Wednesday, when Mude, Kwaljiri and Kaya villages were attacked, people from there told us that 8 people had been killed in Kaya while Mude and Kwaljiri villages were completely burnt; but all the villagers escaped,” he said.

Neither the military nor the police authorities have issued any statement on the recent attacks, which only became public when fleeing residents made it to Maiduguri on Thursday.

Since the January 14 Maiduguri blast that claimed about 43 lives, dozens of people have been killed as gunmen attack settlements around the Borno capital.

Borno, like Adamawa and Yobe, is under emergency rule as the Nigerian military battle to defeat the outlawed Boko Haram sect.


DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: Revealed!!! The Only Way Left of Getting an Extra Large Manhood and also Last Up to 38Mins+. Get the Insider Secret Here


TEXT AD: This NAFDAC APPROVED Solution Will Make You Stay Longer Than 40Mins In Bed Tonight And Help Your Erection. Click Here To Read The Free Reports


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.


  • BlackieUmukoro

    APC on the rampage, there is no more denying that fact. They are face of boko haram

  • Mall

    My guy, the late NSA ,who is Jonathan kinsman ,told the whole world that boko haram is pee,dee pee

  • Duro

    God is exposing there act,and why are they killing innocent people for politic,why are they practicing do-or die,politic,