The commissioners asked to disregard ethnic and religious affiliations in discharge of duties.
The Kaduna State Governor, Mukhtar Yero, on Thursday, swore in the new commissioners and members of the state executive council.
The commissioners, who were screened last week by the State House of Assembly, took their oath of office before thousands of supporters at the Murtala Mohammed Square, Kaduna.
The occasion was attended by both the new commissioners and their supporters from the 23 local government areas of the state.
Mr. Yero congratulated all the new commissioners on their appointment and tasked them not to betray the trust of the people. He charged them to shun sentiments, nepotism and to be God fearing in all their official functions.
He advised them to always reflect on their oath of office and treat all citizens of the state equally without regards to ethnic or religion affiliations.
“All of you must always remember that you swore by the Holy books to discharge your duties with justice and fairness, so you must fear God and stand by that,” the governor said.
Mr. Yero expressed his appreciation for the patriotic zeal of all the personalities that showed interest in being appointed as commissioners and urged the newly appointed commissioners to see their offices as a call to duty in the service of the people.
“Kaduna State belongs to all of us and all citizens must be provided with opportunity to realize their full potentials, politically, economically and socially,” he said.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES, the spokesperson to the Governor, Ahmed Maiyaki, said that the choice of commissioners was based on the people’s demand and the track record of the individuals.
“If you look at all the people here today, you would definitely appreciate their being chosen to serve the state. The governor himself expressed his appreciation for the patriotic zeal of all the personalities that showed interest in being appointed as commissioners, even though not all were appointed,” Mr. Maiyaki said.
FULL LIST OF COMMISSIONERS AND THEIR PORTFOLIOS
1. BASHIR ZUBAIRU———————–
2. MADAMI GARBA MADAMI——————-
3. ABDULRASHEED KAKANGI——————– CULTURE AND TOURISM
4. BASHIR ALIYU ZANGON AYA —————– WORKS AND TRANSPORT
5. HUSSEINI ABDU————————–
6. DR. THOT JOSEPH DOGO———————– HEALTH
7. ADO DOGO AUDU————————–
8. DAVID AUDU CHAT JOK————————– SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
9. SHEHU AHMED GIANT————————-
10. IBRAHIM ALI—————————
11. ABDULRAHMAN IBRAHIM JERE—————— SPECIAL DUTIES (POVERTY ALLEVIATION)
12. DR. YARI PETER EVERTON———————–
13. ISAAC BODAM————————-
14. HON. UMAR A. SANI————————–
15. NASIRU ALIYU DAMAU————————-
16. ABDULLAHI S. AHMED————————-
17. JOSHUA SHEKARAU UCHISSA———————– COMMERCE AND INDUSTRIES
18. SAMAILA ALIYU————————-
19. KASIMU LAWAL ABUBAKAR———————-
20. MRS. COMFORT AMWE————————–
21. GARBA UBA SHEHU————————-
22. GRACE NJU NYAN (MRS)————————-
23. BEN BAKO————————–
24. ABDULSALAM BABA AHMED————————-