The pilgrims will climb Mount Arafat on Monday.
The Saudi authorities on Saturday in Makkah said over 1.3 million pilgrims from around the world would perform this year’s Hajj rites at Arafat on Monday.
A Saudi official, Marwan Zubaidi, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Makkah that pilgrims’ transportation to Mina on the way to Arafat would begin on Saturday night.
He said the “ascending and descending’’ committee had concluded all arrangements to ease the movement of pilgrims to the Holy sites, as directed by the Hajj Minister, Bandar Hajjar.
Mr. Zubaidi assured that adequate arrangements had been made for pilgrims who would want to spend the night at Mina, to do so without hassle.
The official, who is the Secretary of the General Car Syndicate (NAQABA), said buses and guides had been deployed to the various camps in Makkah to ease movement to Mina.
“Special shuttle bus services have also been provided for 563,000 pilgrims from Europe, Eastern Asia, non-Arab Africa and Iran,’’ he said.
Mr. Zubaidi also said regular bus services would be available for 750,000 Southern Asia and Arab pilgrims.
He said 500 buses had been stationed at Arafat as part of measures to forestall any delay, and ensure the success of the exercise.
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...