Medical consultant dies of electrocution in Kebbi

The consultant was trying to change over power source at his residence when he got electrocuted.

The Federal Medical Centre, Birnin Kebbi, was on Wednesday thrown into mourning following the news on the electrocution of Sahabi Gayi, an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) consultant with the centre.

The Medical Director of the hospital, Abdullahi Ibrahim, said in Birnin Kebbi that the consultant was electrocuted while attempting to change-over power source at his residence.

The deceased, 43, left behind one wife and three children.

Mr. Ibrahim described the deceased as hard working and trustworthy, who committed his life to the progress of the centre.

He said Mr. Gayi’s death had created a vacuum that could be difficult to fill considering the dearth of specialists in his field of specialisation.

The deceased was buried in Birnin Kebbi according to Islamic injunctions.

(NAN)


NEVER MISS A THING AGAIN! Subscribe to our newsletter

* indicates required

DOWNLOAD THE PREMIUM TIMES MOBILE APP

Now available on

  Premium Times Android mobile applicationPremium Times iOS mobile applicationPremium Times blackberry mobile applicationPremium Times windows mobile application

TEXT AD: To place a text-based advert here. Call Willie - +2347088095401


All rights reserved. This material and any other material on this platform may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from PREMIUM TIMES.