The military said its operations are continuing as planned.
The Defence Headquarters said on Saturday in Abuja that 65 persons suspected to be terrorists had been apprehended by its Special Task Force (STF).
A statement signed by Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information, said the terrorists were caught while attempting to infiltrate Maiduguri as they fled their various camps now under attack.
The statement said the arrest was a continuation mission aimed at ridding the nation’s territories of all insurgent activities.
According to the statement, a total of 11 vehicles, four tricycles and 24 GSM handsets were also seized in the process.
“All the suspects are in custody of the Joint Task Force and are currently being interrogated,’’ it said.
The statement added that most of the terrorists’ camps were found to have been deserted by fleeing insurgents when STF troops stormed their occupied localities.
“The facilities have now been occupied by our troops,’’ it said further.
The statement said further that, in another development, troops have engaged and dislodged elements of insurgent groups who carried out the May 7 attacks on citizens in localities such as Gamboru ward.
It said a total of 10 suspected terrorists were confirmed dead during the operation while weapons such as rocket-propelled grenade launchers, assorted ammunition and rifle magazines were recovered.
The statement also said some of the fleeing insurgents from various camps have been noted to be in search of fuel from neighbouring communities.
“Citizens are advised to report to the STF any group of persons roaming around the local communities with large quantities of containers in search of fuel.
“The advancement of troops is continuing on all fronts as scheduled,’’ it added.
The statement said the Defence Headquarters had further enjoined the troops to sustain the intensity of the operations.
The military re-enforced massively in Borno after President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday declared a State of Emergency there.