The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results.
The board, however, withheld 12,110 results for possible disciplinary action.
The Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, announced this at a news conference in Bwari, Abuja, on Friday.
The registrar said after thorough processing of answer scripts of the candidates who sat for the examination, the board discovered some forms of malpractice perpetuated during the conduct of the examination.
“However, the results of 68,309 candidates from various centres are undergoing further screening to ascertain the culpability of 12,110 candidates’ results.”
A total of 1,629,102 candidates applied to sit for the Paper Pencil Test (PPT), while 15,008 candidates applied for the Dual Based Test, bringing the number of candidates to 1,644,110.
“The general performance of candidates in this year’s examination shows remarkable improvement compared with last year.
“Ten candidates scored 300 marks and above, while 127,017 candidates scored between 1-159 marks.
“About 40,692 candidates’ results were invalid due to either multiple shading or no shading at all. After processing all the results, the board also discovered that about 47,974 candidates were absent.”
The registrar assured the candidates that their results could be accessed on the JAMB Website: www.myjambresult.com using their registration numbers.
He said about 40 centres would be screened to ascertain their culpability and warned the public against Internet fraudsters.
“Information reaching JAMB shows Internet fraudsters are already telling candidates that their results could be upgraded in one form or the other. “
This is pure deceit, the public and candidates are hereby advised to disregard these fraudsters since they do not have access to our data.
“Let me once again state that candidates are allowed to change their choices of institutions and courses once only, this change has to be effected within two weeks from today.”
Mr. Ojerinde said the Computer Based Test (CBT) is scheduled to take place from May 18 to June 1 and appealed to candidates to reprint their e-registration slips afresh to further ascertain their CBT centres. (NAN)
Support PREMIUM TIMES' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.
TEXT AD: To advertise here . Call Willie +2347088095401...