The JTF said it killed Mohammed Chad in a special operation.
By Ola’ Audu
The Joint Task Force (JTF) in the troubled city of Maiduguri said the man responsible for the shooting of three students and four teachers in a public school last month has been killed in a special operation on Friday.
The spokesman of the JTF, Sagir Musa, disclosed this in a text statement sent to reporters. He said that the shooter, Mohammed Chad, a mastermind of several Boko Haram operations was killed at about 3 a.m. on Friday during a coded operation.
“A special operation was conducted at Ruwan – Zafi area of Maiduguri metropolis by troops of the JTF Operation RESTORE ORDER and the Operatives of Department State Security at about 3:00 am on Friday 26 April, 2013,” Lt Col Musa said.
“The operation led to the death (during an exchange of fire) of a notorious Boko Haram terrorist aka Mohammed Chad, an indigene of Marte, Borno State, who has been in the wanted list of the JTF.”
Mr. Musa, a Lieutenant Colonel said intelligence indicated that the deceased was involved in the planning and execution of many terror attacks in and outside Borno State.
“For instance, he masterminded the attack on Sanda Kyarami Secondary School located at Ruwan Zafi, where they killed a teacher and injured 3 female students on 18 March 2013.
“He is believed to be the successor to Ba,ana Assalafi, a key Boko Haram Commander that lost his life during a shoot out with security agencies in Sokoto on 13 March 2013,” the statement said.