The group claims responsibility for the death of seven foreigners working for a construction company in Bauchi.
An insurgent group, Ansaru, has again uploaded a video on the internet to prove it killed the seven foreign workers of Setraco Construction Company in Bauchi, last month.
Reuters, Monday, reported that the group issued a statement in Arabic and English on an affiliate of the Sinam al-Islam network accompanied by screen shots of a video purporting to show the dead hostages.
Ansaru, which kidnapped other foreigners in the past, had blasted into a compound in Jama’are, Bauchi State, using explosives and abducted a Briton, an Italian, a Greek and four Lebanese workers.
The group’s full name is Jama’atu Ansarul Musilimina Fi Biladis Sudan, which roughly translates as “Vanguards for the protection of Muslims in Black Africa”.
In its statement, the group said it decided to kill the hostages, because of attempts by British and Nigerian forces to rescue them.
“We announced the capture of seven Christian foreigners and warned that any attempt by force to rescue them will render their lives in danger,” Ansaru said in the statement.
“The Nigeria and British government operation lead to the death of all the seven Christians foreigners,” the group added.
The same group was suspected of being behind the killing of a Briton and an Italian hostage a year ago in Sokoto. The group was labeled a terrorist organisation by the British parliament then.
The group also attacked some Nigerian soldiers being deployed to Mali killing at least two soldiers. The attack then occurred in Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria with the group claiming it carried out the attack because the soldiers were going to join France to kill its allies in Mali.